Sunday, May 17, 2015

Kazoo Directories At Ancestry

In case you haven't noticed, Ancestry.com has Kalamazoo area directories.  They've actually had them for a while, but you wouldn't know it by looking at the page listing Kalamazoo records.  Why they choose to hide them, however, is a mystery to me.

In the past, the directories went up through the 1930s.  I recently noticed that these city directories now include years as recent as 1960.  As far as I can tell, the collection available at Ancestry is complete or nearly complete for the years represented.  There are gaps, but directories were not published every year.  They are scarce in the early years and spotty during the Depression and WWII.


Note:  I haven't posted in a while because I've had to give myself a crash course on homeschooling.  Time for me to learn or re-learn some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment